If you have been following along on my Orphan Heart notes, here is the 3rd installment – Sonship (and Daughtership) 🙂
I encourage you to get your Bible out and take a look at these passages. I think you’ll be blessed – I was!
A. Some Good Earthly Fathers:
1. Like father, like son – King Asa (2 Chron 14:2) and his son Jehoshaphat – 2 Chron 20:32
2. Taught to live life skillfully – Esther and Mordecai –
Esther 2:7, Esther 2:10, Esther 2:15, Esther 2:20
3. Jacob with Joseph –
Genesis 46:29 (a joyful reunion after years of pain and bewilderment)
B. What our Heavenly Father is like:
1. Prodigal Son and his father –
Luke 15: 17 – 22 – a wonderful picture of the grace of God to you and me
2. Come in close –
We have not just been called into His gates, but we have been called into His courts (Psalm 100:4)
3. He will not forget us –
Isaiah 49: 14 – 16 – We are inscribed on the palms of His hands.
4. Let there be no question in our minds about whether or not we can talk to our Father at any time. –
Hebrews 10: 19 – 23
We can enter His presence boldly, We have access to the very holy of holies, He is faithful.
5. We can sit and sup with him and talk with him – Rev 3:20
6. My Father and I will come and make our home with him – John 14:23
7. What do I say to Him?
How about thank you?
How about praise you?
How about our Father who art in heaven, hallowed be Thy name. –